Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The sunrise

Since I take Nathan to school every morning, I need to get up fairly early to get myself dressed and feed the assorted chickens, cats, dogs and children.  This means that I am feeding the chickens every morning about sun up.  Each morning as I walk across the back yard to the chicken coop I am greeted by this beautiful scene.  Yesterday, the sun was sending orange shafts of light toward to sky and the surrounding clouds were laced with orange and pink and dark blue and white.  Other mornings, there is a mist that still clings to the ground and around the trees and I am in a nether land of contrasts.

 

 It is fast becoming my favorite time of day and even though I still am trying to figure out a time to go to bed so that getting out of bed that early is ok, I am loving the sunrises!

No comments: