Saturday, November 29, 2008

Aaah, the Thanksgiving coma

 

Greetings, everyone.  I was chastised yesterday for not having blogged in a while.  Sorry  everyone , it has been a rather hectic time for me and my family.  Preparations for the holidays, birthdays and birthdays everywhere and my Mother being sick are some of my excuses.   So much for the mea culpa's.

I am sorry I have no pictures as I still have not found my camera.  Check Shelly's blog as she took pictures all day.  We had a very pleasant and yummy Thanksgiving yesterday.  Yes, we had Thanksgiving, gasp, on Friday!  It was more convenient and worked out well.  All of the kids are growing up and while it's fun to watch, it is also a little sad.  A couple of years ago I bought a supply of bicycles so that everyone could ride when they were here.  Fast forward a couple of years and I need to buy bigger bikes! 

It was fun to watch the kids outside playing football and swinging and riding bikes and playing with the scooter.  It is just hard to believe that Nathan and Cameron are big enough to play football and it honestly looks like football.  Cameron is almost as tall as I am and Nathan isn't too far behind.

Oh, one other major hurdle in Nathan's life.  On Wednesday, Shelly and kids, Nathan, Mandy and I and Asia and Aurora had a fun day.  We had lunch at Goodson's, invaded Walmart to buy some Christmas material for a Christmas craft we will be doing with Kathie, and then went to see the movie "Bolt".  By the way, it is a cute movie but rather confusing and I had to explain the movie on the way home.  Back to Nathan's hurdle - let's see, he had chicken fried steak, rolls and mashed potatoes with gravy for lunch, lots of popcorn at the movie and then as we headed for home he was "starving".  He ate his first quarter ponder with cheese and french fries and two fill ups of Sprite!  He now officially eats more than I do and he is seven.

Today Mandy and I are going to go with Asia and Aurora to Lowe's and buy 6 ceiling fans and then take them over to her new house to get them installed and then we are going to to to Joann's and check out the fabric sell.  We will try to avoid the obnoxious Christmas shoppers and arrive home safely.  Asia returns to Amarillo tonight and then will be packing up on the 8th and coming back. 

I am looking for a new camera as this week we have Mandy's Christmas dance recital and Jessi's baptism and then Nathan has a Christmas festival for his Christmas piano party.  If you have a camera you just love let me know. 

Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

Shelly Turpin said...

Thanks for having Thanksgiving on Friday - we really appreciate it! It was a fun time.

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.