Thursday, December 10, 2009

Odd occurrences in my life

Strange things have happened lately.  Last weekend my computers went on strike, I guess.  My computer didn't want to do anything.  If you clicked on a program it would take 15-20 minutes just to load.  Very frustrating!  The kids computer was working fine unless you wanted to go on the Internet.  Nothing.  The diagnosis kept coming up that a cord was unplugged.  I am not by any stretch of the imagination a computer geek.  I did turn everything off, unplugged all of the plugs and then replugged everything in.  Nothing.

We have a Grandfathers clock.  We inherited it after Leona's death.  We had it moved here but it didn't work.  Finally, last Christmas I was tired of looking at it and asked to have it fixed as my Christmas present.  The clock fixer came out and then took it apart and cleaned and put it together and it worked awhile.  Then it started running really fast and then the chiming stopped.  Just one day it no longer chimed.  No one had stopped it, it just didn't work.  We had spent quite  a bit of money getting it fixed and so I let it sit there.  Occasionally I would start it and then it would stop. 

Now for the strange things - Monday, I woke, dressed and did all of those things you do on a Monday  morning and then turned on the computers.  My computer started working fine - no problem, the kids computer had Internet.  Interesting.  Monday night after FHE I was sitting in the living room watching something and chiming started.  At first, I actually couldn't figure out where it was coming from.  My clock now chimes regularly and is working fine.

Just to keep everything balanced, the kids and I did errands this afternoon and was at Walmart around 4:00.  When we came out about 45 minutes later there was a little piece of paper on my seat.  It was from the security police saying my door was unsecured and could be broken into and since he had to open my door to do that I guess it could have.  Only thing is that all of the other doors were locked as I had to unlock them to get in the car.  You can't lock any of the doors if the one door isn't closed.

Strange happenings.

No comments: