Monday, April 25, 2011

I am not a screamer

I now am sure!  Today while heading home from piano lessons, I felt something against my leg.  I looked down and there was a snake!!!!! resting against my leg.  I moved my leg quickly and startled the snake that went back up into the steering column or under the dash.  I drove to the nearest auto place and we quickly got out of the car.  I told the guys there and they tried to find it.  They took apart everything they could take apart and couldn’t find it.

Finally, they put everything back together and we decided to head for home.  We had decided we would put the fake eggs in the car when we got home ,if it was still there, it would eat one and die.  As we were talking about this, I said the snake had to be in the dash somewhere in front of Mandy or I.  At this point, Mandy’s response was “Oh, how lovely!”.

Unfortunately, we didn’t make it home.  We were headed down 1774 and Nathan began screaming and I looked down and the snake was slithering beside my chair and headed for the back seat.  At that point, if Nathan could have, he would have crawled out of the car.  I pulled over as soon as I could and Nathan bailed out of his door like mad dogs were after him.  I got out and got Mandy out and we called 911.  We sat down to wait and then I found an actual address and called back (after 30 minutes) and was told that our call had be sent to Grimes Co. and then they forwarded me to them.  She told me, she knew where I was but she didn’t have anyone to send me and it would be, in her words “quite a while”.  I called Kathie and got some telephone numbers and a friend came to get me and we are home but I don’t know what to do with the car.  At least, the snake didn’t bite me.  Very thankful for that.

It has been a no good, very bad day.

1 comment:

Donna Leavitt said...

Oh my goodness! You impress me so much! I would have been screaming like crazy!