Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Baseball, baseball and more baseball

 

Nathan’s team, the  Rangers won their division last week.  It is a 9-10 year old division.  Then they went to the tournament and won all 3 games to be the tournament winners.  I was really hoping that we would end the season there.  I am tired of practices and games, etc. 

No such luck – I really should be pleased.  Of all the 9 year olds in the league, the coaches and who ever else picks 12 9-year olds to play in the All Star team.  After the final game last night, which they won 8 to 3 they received their trophies.  The Rangers received two trophies – one for the season and one for the tournament.  After all the pictures were taken (sorry, my camera just died, right before the trophy presentation) they then announced the All Stars.  Glenn and I had known for a couple of days as they wanted to make sure all of the kids chosen would be there.  We didn’t tell Nathan and as he left the field before the announcement, he looked at me and said “I don’t think I made it”.  I just told him to wait and see.  When his name was called he ran out into the field with arms pumping the air, circled the coach and then started crying.  He won everyone’s heart – no matter who they were.  So, we get to start practicing again – this time 3 hour practices as there is only around 2 weeks before the tournament begins and these kids (chosen from 6 teams) haven’t played together yet.  Glenn is so excited and as you can tell – me not so much!

Go, Nathan, go!

1 comment:

Shelly Turpin said...

congratulations Nathan - way to go!!