Monday, April 16, 2012

In our lives

this last week.  We had a very pleasant weekend.  Nathan had a baseball game on Saturday morning and Kathie had invited me to a Relief Society meeting.  I chose the RS meeting and Glenn took Nathan and Mandy to the game.  It was a close game and we technically won but it was put as a lose.  In Little League, you play for a certain amount of minutes.  If you are in the middle of an inning, then the score reverts back to what it was before that inning started.  So, I think we were winning when the time ran out but had been behind the last inning, so we lost.  Nathan had a good game, he is really coming on as a pitcher and is bat has been pretty good this year.  Last year, the coaches determined that he needed to switch stances and arms and so he now bats left handed.  It took the season for him to make the transition but he is doing well now.

Kathie and I had a nice time at the RS meeting and then I came home and changed clothes and the Ricks came over.  We picked dewberries – they are everywhere this year – and made freezer jam.  Yum.  Then we had a nice Passover meal.  We had great food and desserts.  Jessi and Lizzie stayed when the Turpins left earlier.  They came dewberry picking but were just leaving when we got back home.

We have very cute puppies.  They remind me of the 101 Dalmatians in that they are so fat!  They will look like our bulldog, Bull.  Their mom, Sandy, is going to need surgery.  Sigh.  How do we do this?  Her femoral head on her left side is deteriating  (sp?)and will need surgery.  Don’t know if we will but probably as she is in pain and is hopping around.  The pregnancy was probably not good for her but this is a long time thing.

We are counting down to our leaving for Germany.  Mandy and I leave May 16th and then Nathan and Daddy are coming on the 31st. We have around 4 weeks and are trying to push school to finish what we can.

I am trying to figure out what to do next year.  I am trying to find an online program that will work for Nathan.  Maybe Mandy also, haven’t decided.  I have checked out several programs but haven’t come to a conclusion.  I know that it’s a ways from school starting next year but I try to have everything ordered and in line before the school year ends, that way I don’t have to worry about it over the summer.  We will see.

It is so wonderful that we have had rain so far this year.  Everything  is so green, all of my roses are blooming like crazy and even a climbing vine that I thought was dead.  It is growing and blooming beautifully.  Last year, we didn’t mow once because there was no grass and we have already mowed this year and  it needs it again.  We are so blessed!

No comments: