Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Scary Noise in the Night

 

Night before last I was getting ready to go to bed and I heard Nathan and went up to see what was happening.  He was half-way down the stairs and  said he couldn't sleep because of the high pitched noise. 

What high pitched noise, say I?  We went upstairs and sure enough a distinct noise like an alarm going off.  I checked the alarm clock, the smoke alarm, the attics, turned off and on all of the lights and still we had an alarm of some kind going off. 

I moved Nathan and Maggie downstairs, closed the door and went to sleep.  I was really hoping it wasn't some problem that would erupt into fire . 

The next morning we went upstairs and it was still going.  Definitely only in Nathan's room and louder in some parts than others.  I still could not find a source.  My next move was to go downstairs and find an electrician. 

Nathan came down and said he had stopped it!  Love the boy but what was it?  He has a metal detector, more toy than anything but it does work.  Somehow, it had turned itself on and evidently was close to metal and was letting us know that.  I am so glad he figured it out - even though I think he may have had something to do with it but I can't figure out what.

What a night.  What a boy!

No comments: