Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I do NOT understand the enigma that is

my youngest daughter!  I don't, I don't, I don't.  Mandy is a very talented little artist.  At 6 she can draw things that actually look like what they are supposed to be.  I think she will grow into an amazing artist and for you that ask - yes, I have told her that.

Mandy is a perfectionist which is not a good thing to be.  Nothing is ever good enough.  No matter how well she prints her letters or reads a book or draws a picture or play a piece on the piano - it just isn't good enough.  I have been trying to help her with this, well I guess since we got her. 

This year we have been having "art" class in school and I have tried to show her different art and that nothing is perfect.  Art is just art. 

I have finally found an art class for her and we have both been excited.  She much more than me.  Today was her first day and she was almost giggly and hopping around from excitement.  We went to her class and she had actually told me she didn't want me to stay so Nathan and I went across the street (literally) to Walmart and came back at the required time.  She had worked on several pieces and was very pleased with the class and when we left she gave a "see you next week" wave and we started to leave.  I needed to pick something up and as we went down the rows (Hobby Lobby) she was getting into everything - climbing under the artificial trees, handling all of the ornaments - and so I told both Nathan and Mandy to stand at the end of the aisle where I could see them.  It took me maybe two minutes and I came down the aisle to go and check out.  She had taken the picture she had just spent some  time with and crumbled it into a ball.   ??????????  I asked her tonight why and she said she couldn't remember.  That is her usual answer for something like this.

When she acts like that I honestly just don't understand and I would really like to understand.

No comments: