Monday, November 02, 2009

Living history

Nathan and I are working on American history between 1790 and 1900.  I have a book on different crafts done by people of that era.  I told Nathan to look through and see what activities he wanted to do and one of them was to hook a rug!  I was thinking of making a keel boat or something like that.  I took the easy way out and bought a hook rug kit rather than make our own.  I am applying Nathan’s rug for history and Mandy’s as an art project.  I told the kids that they could be prayer rugs.  IMG_1031

  Mandy with her rug and Nathan with his.IMG_1034

 

 

 

 

 

 

                              Sorting colors and working on our rugs.IMG_1037IMG_1038                                 We will let you know how they come out. 

2 comments:

Donna Leavitt said...

I hope they have the patience to finish those rugs. I am not sure how many I have started but never finished.

jturpin said...

Those are huge! The ones I used to make were so much smaller than that.
Looks like fun!
-Shelly