Thursday, January 21, 2010

It is always something

 

Most of you know I have been struggling with back pain for over a year.  It has gotten worse in the last 3-4 months.  I had a MRI done Dec. 31st.  I already knew that I had 3 disks that were deteriating but I have two cysts - one on each side of my last disk (L5-S1) and bone spurs on each side. 

I talked to the orthopedist today and I will be having surgery soon to remove the synovial cysts and the bone spurs.  I just decided it would be easier to blog here that to call everyone and let them know.

The surgery shouldn't be two bad and I will need to "take it easy" for 3-4 weeks.  I need to ask the surgeon to define "take it easy" for me because I doubt if mine and his definition is the same.

It is already turning in to an exciting year.  Hope it slows down soon!  I will let everyone know when the surgery will occur, soon I hope.

No comments: