Monday, May 05, 2008

Rain, rain go away!

 

Last night it started raining about 3:00 am.  It took Nathan all of 30 seconds to get down the stairs and in to my room.  Mandy came down about 5 when the lightning was getting intense again.  It has rained all day long in sheets and the weather said we received around 4".

I was looking out the window at the creek that has risen and is fast moving and saw this huge, beautiful bird in flight.  It sailed in to our pasture and stood and watched the rain.  I went out in bare feet and took a picture.  It is a crane but I am not sure which kind.

craneT

 

 

This is our creek and it is getting higher and is fast moving and the crane.

2 comments:

CYNDI said...

That is beautiful. I hope it stops raining. I can imagine your house becoming a little island as your pond and the creek meet.

Shelly Turpin said...

That's the creek?
Wow!
Glad it stopped - you'd have to build an ark