Sunday, May 25, 2008

This and That

2008_0524partiesgraduation0009

   

Glenn took off for Germany on Friday morning to attend a class in Waldorf.  He wasn't too happy to go all that way over there to attend a three day class but what can you do!

It has reached high temperatures again.  The car was really dirty and so we went into Magnolia and went to the car wash and vacuumed the car out.  It really needed it!  We came back home and I cleaned the windows and mirrors and inside and then Mandy and Nathan put on their bathing suits and "washed the car".  I think more got on them than the car but they had a great time.

2008_0524partiesgraduation0010

 

We are really washing here

 

 

 

Let's spray each other!

we are washing the car, really

 

We have new baby birds and no, I am not taking care of them.  We actually have 3 barn swallow nests - up from 1 last year.  Here are a few pictures.

 

barn swallow nest with babies A barn swallow uses mud and straw to make the nest.  It takes so long that they use it year after year.      These babies are hungry all of the time.  I am very glad I am not a Mother Bird!We're hungry Mother we really are

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kathie made Mandy a new dress and Mandy was so excited to wear it!

Mandy in her new dress

3 comments:

CYNDI said...

Jacob has decided that he is in those pictures with Nathan. He says, see - there's me and there's Nathan. I must be not looking at the same picture. :) I think he remembers being there. Love you so

asiaelizabeth said...

Mandy looks so grown up! I can see the future in that picture and what a beautiful woman she will be. Did the car get wet at all or just the kids?

Caleb T Ricks said...

She looks beautiful in her dress! I am so glad that she liked it. I think washing the car is one of the best free forms of entertainment there is!